- The Guild website has been changed to a blog so that it can be more interactive and user friendly. Judy Foster will keep it updated. The old website will be taken down as soon as possible so that frustration and confusion can be avoided. Updates on the Fiber Fair will be posted there.
- A possible food vendor for the Fair was discussed and will be explored so that our guests, vendors and members can enjoy lunch on-site.
- A member has started to design a second raffle rug pattern to keep the Guild ahead of the game, and work on this year's raffle rug is progressing nicely. A picture of this year's raffle rug will be posted on the web blog a.s.a.p.
- Shirley Casebolt, vendor coordinator, informed the members that already three vendor registrations have been received. Vendor registrations forms are due February 1.
- There was no information available at the meeting about what classes will be offered this year at the Fair.
- The Guild president has started the process of obtaining not-for-profit status for the Guild.
- A lengthy discussion took place regarding to display member's rugs at the Fair using the PVC units already purchased. Several different options were suggested. Some members will follow up on various ways of hanging a rug and report back at upcoming meetings.
- Officers were officially re-elected for another one-year term.
The business session was adjourned and members enjoyed a social time for the remainder of the meeting.
The next meeting of the Hoosier Hills Rug Hooking Guild will be February 12, 2011 at the New Hope Church, 559 E 100 S, Washington, IN from 10:30 to 2:30 (local time).