Fifteen members and guests attended a luncheon meeting/Christmas party at a member's home. Everyone enjoyed the hooked ornament exchange. There were several interesting tales about last-minute finishing! Many thanks to Paula for inviting the group to her home. Also, thanks to those who brought holly and cookies to share with everyone. Santa could not have been more generous!
There was a brief business meeting with the following items discussed:
- Judy Foster has volunteered to work on developing some sort of web page for the Guild.
- A Guild member is working on the design for a second rug to complete for the raffle.
- Shirley Casebolt is hooking the rug she designed and will pass it to another member at the January meeting.
- The basket making class has been postponed, and the date and place will be announced as soon as available.
Some announcements were made including:
- Peggy Taylor's husband has accepted a position at Berea College in KY and she will be moving out of the area.
- Hooked on George will relocate. The owner is moving to a new location in Washington near her home. The shop will have regular business hours and will feature a consignment shop as well as the wool shop. She hopes to have quality handmade items and antiques in all price levels.
- Margo White has moved to Greene County and has opened a rug hooking home business, by appointment only. Please contact her at email@example.com for more information.
LOCAL GROUPS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
The Holy Hookers meet the first Tuesday each month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. (local time) at the library in Worthington, IN. There is no business meeting. This is a time to hook and share. Visitors are welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Mall Hookers meet at Washington Square Mall in Evansville Tuesdays from 10:30 to 2:30, local time. This group was started by two Guild members. They have been joined by three women from Evansville and other members from time to time. Anyone is welcome to join them!
The next meeting of the Hoosier Hills Rug Hooking Guild is Saturday, January 8, 2011, from 10:30 to 2:30 p.m. (local time) at New Hope Church, 559 E 100 S, Washington, IN.
NEXT GUILD MEETING:
NEXT GUILD MEETING: