Some social time preceded the short business meeting.
- One of the topics discussed was the Christmas party. Janice Spaulding will make a reservation for us once again this year at the Gasthof Village Inn in Montgomery. This will take place on our regular meeting date -- the second Saturday of December. If members wish they may participate in an ornament exchange. More details will be forthcoming at the November meeting.
- A nominations committee was formed and they will present a slate of officers for 2017 at that meeting as well.
- Both the secretary's and treasurer's report were given and approved.
- Judy Foster told those present that she will not be maintaining this blog after the first of 2017. She will not take it down until the Guild decides what sort of Internet presence it wants to maintain.
- The Evansville group will begin meeting in the near future and have a different name indicating all areas of the fiber arts.
Remember, visitors are always welcome at Guild meetings held the second Saturday of each month at the public library in Washington, Indiana at 10:30 a.m. Y'all come!
There were several hooking projects brought to the meeting, both finished and in process, some are pictured below....
|Sug McClain brought two recently completed rugs for show n' tell. Love these 1776 sheep!|
|More of Sug's work ... I think she likes sheep! This is a nice large rug and members really liked the wool she chose for the pasture.|
|Sug brought this smaller mat to the meeting to bind and she got some done that day. She is one productive hooker!|
|"Let it Snow" by Teresa Kinman [front].|
|Back of "Let it Snow".|
|Judy Foster brought "Chicken in the Garden", a Primitive Spirits design that she recently completed.|