[ CHECK OUT THE NEW RECIPE OF THE MONTH AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE! ]
President Janice Spaulding called the meeting to order and the following items were covered:
- The treasurer, Teresa Kinman, gave her report. The Guild presented a $50 check to the Library as a small token of thanks for allowing us to meet at their facility. They also awarded a $250 grant to the art department of the Families First Home Education program in Daviess County. Amy Best had nominated the home schooling group and accepted the check on their behalf.
- A Nominations Committee was appointed to present a slate of officers for the year 2015. The list will be submitted next month and a vote taken in November. Amy and Jan Cabel are serving on that committee.
- Tying up loose ends on the Fiber Fair -- Teresa will notify the Washington Conservation Club that the Guild will not be using their building in 2015 for the Fair. The building was reserved through 2016.
- The annual Guild Christmas party was discussed. It will be held at the December meeting as usual. An ornament exchange will take place for members interested in participating. Amy will contact Reid's Deli about catering and possibly having room at their restaurant for our group. She'll report back at the next meeting on her progress.
- A committee was appointed of Barbara Bauman, Judy Foster and Lois Moore to solicit ideas from members, and plan for a teacher and a Guild retreat in the near future.
The next meeting of the HHRHG will be Saturday, October 12, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. Eastern time. Visitors are always welcome!