A business meeting was called to order at about 11 a.m. by President Noma Brizius. The main topic was the future and direction of the Guild. It was very satisfying to hear some of the long-time members give their opinion and tell the story of the beginning of the Guild. In the end it was decided that some of the members from the Evansville area will organize a guild in their area and after organization the Guild will help them financially to get started. The idea is to have one or two joint meetings each year, probably based around a social or hooking event. This is an exciting time for the Guild and everyone went away with the realization that change is always interesting and often good!
Other items of business discussed were:
- Teresa Kinman gave the treasurer's report.
- We especially missed Jan Cabel, a regular, who always brings interesting work and yummy goodies to share. She's experiencing some health issues. A cheery card would be in order!
- Judy Foster distributed membership cards.
- We will meet again in October with no September meeting.
- Janice Spaulding reported that the local Historical Society is looking for people to demo hooking at a future event.
|Let's just say that this is the type of day we had but we still had a big turnout! Hookers rule!|
|Teresa Kinman recently completed this wide cut beeskeep rug! Lovely!|
|Teresa also completed this clever standing pumpkin decoration; here's the front ...|
|and here's the back! Great job from either side Teresa!|
|Judy brought the pumpkin cat mat she just finished (bound with homespun). It's a Margo White design.|
|Lois Moore is working on this sampler. It's going to look good Lou!|
|Judy was working on this Primitive Spirit design at the meeting.|
REMEMBER ... NO SEPTEMBER MEETING. SEVERAL MEMBERS WILL BE ATTENDING THE WOOLKEEPERS HOOK-IN IN DANVILLE.
SEE YOU IN OCTOBER!