|Some Guild members decide what they want at the table of patterns ...|
|Here's some of the wool that was for sale with lots already "taken" ...|
- Noma Brizius distributed tags and numbers to members who will be selling items in the Guild marketplace booth.
- Saltbox Primitive Woolens has cancelled as a vendor and teacher at the Fair. On the plus side, we found that Hollyhock Hill will be here again this year, as well as Margo White Hooked Rugs. We are so fortunate to have these two rug hooking vendors back!
- Because of the Saltbox cancellation, the membership will take on the task of teaching the beginning rug hooking class and we have the project planned and well in hand ...
|Here's the Beginning Rug Hooking class project, sample hooked by Teresa Kinman.|
- Other items of old business involved the raffle rug permit (in order), best of show voting for our rug display (planned), the label for the raffle rug (in place), lunch vendor (confirmed), Kid's Corner (on target) and as usual, Jan Cabel will demonstrate needlefelting ...
Here's a sample of Jan's work; everyone loved the little bunny sleeping on a leaf (upper left). And the alligator is adorable Jan!
Jan will have this sheep for sale at her demonstration table ...
- A community corrections person will help with set up on Friday and take down Saturday. Everything else appears to be going smoothly and we're as ready as we can be.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Teresa Kinman is opening a rug hooking shop at her home called Woolen Heirlooms. Everyone wished her well in this exciting new endeavor! Her phone number is in the column on the right.
BE SURE TO ATTEND THE 11TH ANNUAL WOOL FIBER ARTS FAIR THIS SATURDAY.
Here's some more pictures from the meeting of what members were working on ...
|Sheila Parker is hooking this two-color sampler-style rug. Very impressive!|
|Becky Aldridge is in the process of binding this hospitable pineapple rug. (Hope she brings it to the rug show!)|
|Another of Becky's rugs ... she's working on a unique style of finish for the edges. We can't wait to see the finished product!|