During the business meeting the following topics were discussed:
- The transition of Treasurers is complete with Teresa Kinman reporting that the Guild now has a new checking account set up and ready to go. Many thanks to Teresa for taking on this important Guild office. The election of officers for 2013 will take place at the November meeting! It was agreed that since Jana and Teresa had just began their duties as VP and Treasurer, respectively, that they would hold these offices for 2013. Therefore the Guild elections next month will be for President and Secretary.
- In regard to the 2013 Wool Fiber Arts Fair, Marsha reported on the liability insurance piece of event planning. This will be addressed in January when we have started a new year.
- Shirley Casebolt, Vendor Coordinator, reported that she has sent 30 invitations to vend at next year's event. Only two registrations have been returned. Some corrections to the registration form will be made via letter to all vendors, most important change is the date for registrations to be returned.
- The challenge rug for 2013 should include 10 of something since the Guild is celebrating their 10th Wool Fiber Arts Fair -- for instance 10 sheep, 10 flowers, etc.
- Fiber Fair advertising was addressed including discussion of posters, radio spots, business card size ads, Rug Hooking Magazine, and the Country Register. It was suggested that we need some sort of feedback from attendees to see how they heard about the event.
- Classes at the Fair were discussed but no firm decisions were made.
- Judy Foster will send information packets to rug hooking and other fiber-related groups in the tri-state area about the Fair and also about tourist opportunities in the Washington area to stimulate interest in coming to the Fair and staying to visit other venues as well.
- Shirley Casebolt has suggested that the Guild have a winter retreat and/or hooking class in the Santa Claus area. She will report back on this at the next meeting.
|Hooked Halloween Witch - Jan Cabel|
|Here's Jan's needle felted Halloween cat! Too cute!|
Guild members: remember that the November 10 meeting is election of officers. This is an important meeting!