- There will be a hook-in in Kirkwood MO at the Community Center April 28. Nola Heidbreder will be vending and have a once-a-year sale on Townsend cutters and blades. Some members expressed an interest in attending.
- Colleen also reported on a hook-in she attended in Virginia Beach and told us all about it in comparison to our own fiber fair.
- She asked how members were coming on their challenge rugs. Members who didn't have the pattern and were interested were furnished with one before they left the meeting.
- The membership directory is still a work in progress.
Judy Foster asked for pictures for this blog and in fact took a couple new pictures of member's finished projects at the meeting. Members are encouraged to send pictures to Judy to post at the bottom of this blog (people love to see pictures of others' projects!).
In regard to the Fiber Fair:
- Members were updated on advertising. Most of the bookmark ads have been distributed in southwestern Indiana. Judy took a couple hundred to take to The Fiber Event at Greencastle on the 20-21st of this month. These ads have also been sent to all of the vendors.
- Sheila Parker announced that the aprons (to be worn at the Fair by members) are being made by a company in Jasper and will be available for member payment and pickup at the May meeting.
- Members, please have your rug label information to Becky Aldridge as soon as possible so she can make labels for your hooked pieces for our rug display at the Fiber Fair.
- Paula Britt is taking care of the Guild's marketplace booth at the Fair this year. A sign-up sheet was passed around. Members are urged to bring their wares to be sold at the Fair; this is a very popular booth.
- To our knowledge this is a list of the vendors that will be at the Fair this year:
Atkinson Farm Yarns
Barb Elliott Recycled Wool
Bedford College of Lace Making
Etienne Farm Market
Esther's Pressed Flowers
Green Hill Farm
Heirloom Wool Room
Hooked on George
Hollyhock Hill Designs
Indiana Fiber Producers Association
Olde Glory Designs
Pure Hearts & Clean Hands Soap Company
Turkey Trot Workshops
The business meeting was adjourned and a social time ensued. Jan Cabel brought some delicious cookies to share -- thank you Jan!
Everyone is excited about this year's Fiber Fair. Come join us! Questions? -- click on the email link on the right.