Janice Spaulding, President, presided as the following items were discussed:
- Lou Moore reported on a telephone conversation she had with one of four prospective retreat leaders. There will be a full written report on all of the people considered sent to the membership before the December meeting.
- The Christmas party location (library) was approved by the staff at the Carnegie and the party will proceed on the regular meeting date, December 13. Everyone should bring something yummy to eat and if they wish to participate, bring a hand made Christmas ornament for an exchange. Marsha Mulroony will provide the paper products, Judy Foster will bring the beverages, and Janice will bring ice.
- Leanna Reece and Lou reported on their experiences at the Rock River rug camp in Illinois. Lou brought a piece she worked on there for show n' tell (picture below). This was very interesting to all.
- The slate of officers for 2015 was approved.
- A local upcoming event near Montgomery was announced by Janice and details are in the column to your right.
Members: don't forget the Christmas Party is Saturday, December 13 at 10:30 a.m. at the Library in Washington! Let's pray for good weather this year!
|Jan Cabel was just starting the soft blue background of this darling sheep at the meeting. Everyone loved this design that Jan drew, especially the grass hanging out of his mouth!|
|Chrystal Goodpaster just finished Magdalena's Dog from Wooley Fox Designs. All that's left is the binding. I like her color choices.|
|Teresa Kinman worked on this wreath for a little Christmas tree during the meeting. It's made from her wool snippets strung with heavy-duty thread! Such a clever idea Teresa!|
|Sug McClain is working on this very large farmstead rug. The sheep lined up across the bottom are really great! She's sewn her binding on before she began hooking and Sug's giving instructions to another hooker on how she finishes a rug.|
|Marsha Mulroony got her Thanksgiving rug finished and bound this past month. Her color choices are really working in this piece.|
|Marsha also hooked this chair mat! It's Jan Cabel's design called "Baa-a Humbug!" Marsha only has to complete inserting the white roving and then bind it and it'll be done. The jingle bells add a great holiday feel to this piece.|
|Steve Sims continues to make good progress on this very large autumnal piece. He's doing a great job! But says he'll be ready to move on to something new.|
|Janice Spaulding, too, is working on a very large, complex piece. She's made great progress since the last meeting!|
|Mary Jane Todd is working on this rug punch long rabbit. The rabbit's finished and she's just started the background, using a varigated wool yarn. The piece is super soft to the touch! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!|