In old business the following topics were discussed:
- The frames and associated accessories used for the fiber fair rug display were transferred to Teresa Kinman's house for storage until needed in the future. Janice is storing the signage in her barn.
- Several colorful copies of the Guild's informational brochure were at the meeting for pick up and two members took multiple copies to be distributed -- Jan will take some to the hook-in in Camby and Teresa took a bundle to pass out at her shop in Newburgh.
- This blog was discussed and lots of super ideas for additions to the blog were suggested. In the very near future a "rugs for sale" section will be included. Also, we'll resume listing a calendar of events of fun events and places to go that might be of interest to hookers.
- Jan Cabel won the Grand Champion ribbon at the Greene County Open Class Fair for her "Dan's Eagle" rug. Also, Teresa won a champion ribbon at the Warrick County Fair. Congrats Jan and Teresa!
- Janice announced that her shop, Hooked on George, will be moving to the country on County Road 300 just south of Washington.
- We had a treasurer's report and during discussion of financial matters decided to donate $50 to the library where we meet and $250 to a local school (name to be drawn) for their art department. All of the bills from the fiber fair have been paid.
- Shirley Casebolt, vendor coordinator, will send "thank you" post cards to our 2014 vendors and inform them that we have decided not to hold a Fair in 2015.
- A 2015 raffle rug was discussed. It was decided to proceed with the rug and places to sell chances were suggested by various members. Teresa has the pattern and it's pictured below. A color plan will be finalized in the very near future.
- Judy Foster announced that the Holy Hookers will be celebrating 10 years of rug hooking in Worthington this fall. A tentative date of November 22 has been set for a rug display and more details will be announced.
Below are pictures from this meeting's show n' tell ... enjoy!
|2015 RAFFLE RUG -- This is a Red Barn Rugs design called "Cottage Garden."|
|Janice Spaulding was working on this large McGown pattern ...|
|Cute little flag - Teresa Kinman.|
|Pumpkin - Teresa Kinman.|
|Wise Owl - Teresa Kinman|
|Little Crow Pillow - Teresa Kinman|
|Flower Pillow (I love the way the center pops!) - Teresa Kinman|
|Chrystal Goodpaster is working on this Magdalena Briner Eby "Dog" pattern. Love it!|